drbrush
drbrush, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Private practice general Internal Medicine
91859082

No one can figure out why I have had chronic nausea for over

Customer Question

No one can figure out why I have had chronic nausea for over a week now
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the nausea?
Customer: Just nausea. Can only eat toast (been over a week) and having hard time with fluid intake
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the nausea?
Customer: Yes. Nausea medications don't work
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Panic disorder since 1997
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Nausea before & after I eat, riding in a vehicle, walking
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

Hello oh, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I'm a board-certified Internal Medicine Specialists. I've been in practice for 35 years. It might help out if I I could ask you a few questions.

1. Have you had any vomiting

2 have you had a fever

3 is anyone sick Around you

4 are you male or female and what is your age

5 have you had any change in your bowel movements either in their color, consistency or frequency

6 if you are a female when was your last period

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
1. No vomiting 2. No fever 3. I live alone 4. Female 5. I'm 51 6. Last period was 06/25/2016
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No change in bowel movements
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

Which anti-nausea medications have you been given and are you taking any other medications?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was given Haldol, Zofran & Phenergan last Monday at ER and none helped
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No Rx was given
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

Are you taking any other medications on a chronic basis?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Valium & Notriptyline
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

Do you take those medications for anxiety?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have panic disorder
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

Have you ever had the symptoms or symptoms like this from anxiety or panic, and have you been having more Panic recently?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can't afford the $50 to call you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No. This is the first tine I've had chronic nausea. Started over a week ago..Saturday before Halloween. It just started suddenly
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

It's hard to say for sure what is going on just by talking to you on the computer. I think it's certainly possible that sometimes people can get nausea from chronic reflux. Since you have not tried any reflux medications I think it would be worthwhile to get generic Zantac or ranitidine 150mg and start taking one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the a.m. Hopefully within a day or two this should take care of your symptoms. If it doesn't I think you need to see your doctor and they might have to run some other testing or refer you to a specialist

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Aggravates the anxiety. Can only eat toast and drink sips of water. Worried about dehydration too
Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

If you continue to have symptoms over the next 24 to 36 hours since you could be getting dehydrated they might have to give you fluids, I think you should go to your doctor or the emergency room

Expert:  drbrush replied 7 days ago.

Hopefully this answered your question satisfactorily. If you could fill out the five star review on the top of the page I would appreciate it. If you still have questions you can get in touch even after you filled out the Stars