How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Greg Your Own Question
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3234
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Greg is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a complete hysterectomy about 25 yrs ago with no

This answer was rated:

I had a complete hysterectomy about 25 yrs ago with no further problems except now I feel like my bladder is protruding out of my Virginia
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: I am 75. No symptoms except the bladder is protruding. I have had only one bladder infection and that has been about 50 yr. ago
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: My doctor says I don’t need a Pap test as I have had a complete hysterectomy along with removal of my ovaries. My last Pap test was about 4 yrs and everything was normal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had one bout of diverticulitis last November other than that I am pretty healthy.
Hello, My name is***** am a U.S. trained, board certified physician, and am happy to assist you with your health concern today. Please allow me a few minutes to read and respond to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing vaginal protrusion. This is called a vaginal prolapse, and is very common in women who have undergone pelvic surgeries and prior vaginal deliveries of children. This can be corrected. As such, I would recommend that you follow up with a gynecologist who can examine you and confirm the diagnosis. Usually, the first line treatment includes use of a pessary. A pessary is a circular device placed in the vagina, and is effective at holding the vagina up in it's normal location. If that fails, the next step is surgery, which can permanently fix the problem. I hope you feel better soon.

Dr. Greg and 9 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you