Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington,
Experience:  Colorectal Surgeon at Colon & Rectal Surgery Consutants, PC
101641570

Recent mri results, Yes, to a degree waiting to meet the

Customer Question

Recent mri results
JA: Have you discussed the MRI with a doctor?
Customer: Yes, to a degree waiting to meet the neurosurgeon Tuesday, I met practitioner who ordered the scan initially
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Yes this not my first mri
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: COMPARISON: Cervical spine CT from February 3, 2018 and MRIs from January 17, 2018 FINDINGS: Alignment: Mild reversal of cervical lordosis is present. The similar to the prior. Vertebral bodies and ligaments: Mild superior endplate compression deformities of T1-T4 are again demonstrated, also appearing to involve T5 on the prior cervical/thoracic spine MRI. These now appear chronic with no residual edema seen. These appear to have been acute on the comparison MRIs. Associated vertebral body height loss is not significantly changed. Disc spaces: Multilevel disc space narrowing is present. Marrow signal: No abnormal marrow signal is present. Cord: No abnormal cord signal is seen. Posterior fossa: No mass is seen within the visualized posterior fossa. Soft tissues: No abnormal soft tissue findings are seen. The vertebral artery flow voids are grossly patent. C2-C3: Uncovertebral hypertrophy and facet arthropathy mildly narrows the left neuroforamen without significant spinal canal or right neuroforaminal narrowing. C3-C4: A mild disc bulge is without significant spinal canal stenosis. Uncovertebral hypertrophy and facet arthropathy mildly to moderately narrows the left and minimally narrows the right neuroforamen. C4-C5: A mild disc bulge is without significant spinal canal or neuroforaminal compromise. C5-C6: A disc bulge is without significant spinal canal stenosis. Uncovertebral hypertrophy and facet arthropathy mildly narrows the left and minimally narrows the right neuroforamen. C6-C7: A minimal disc bulge is without significant spinal canal or neuroforaminal compromise. C7-T1: No disc bulge, facet arthropathy, spinal canal stenosis or neuroforaminal compromise is seen.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Connie Pennington replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Pennington.

So basically this is a normal MRI scan of an older person who may have had previous injury but is of no significance now.

It could contribute to pain, but is non-operative.

Does that help?

PS-My husband is a neurosurgeon, and these are his thoughts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
An older person?

There are degenerative changes for a young person.

Would you like to tell me the story? We may be able to assist.

I see you have two threads going, happy to sign off as well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ejected from vehicle January 17th, no other vehicle involved, deer collision, broke vertebrae in lumbar, drop foot, other issues, continuing home therapy, have been in bracing 3 months, as well as torn ligaments to most of spine, was braced from sacrum to cervical neck in a c collar until last week, increasing but slow symptoms of numbness, dropping things, hands going numb, arms, loss of motor function especially on left side, weakness, guarding of left arm and hand, sharp pain going from arms and neck, also still suffer sever vertigo, balance issues, must take 3 doses mecklazine daily, increasing loss of sensations in legs (both) sever back pain with swelling, loss of left foot strength feeling, weakness, numbness, dragging, diff dr reading MRI of lumbar . Positive finger twitching and foot rubbing test? ??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m 41

That is quite a story. You are lucky not to be totally paralyzed. Did you have a seat belt?

Unfortunately there is no operative indication here that would solve your issue. What you are looking at is literally a 6-18 month recuperation period. Once out of the brace, with improving MRI's, you must continue physical therapy. Slowly your body will recover. During this time you are at risk for becoming addicted to pain medications. That is a real issue you want to watch carefully. Do you have good emotional/family/friend support?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The risk of becoming addicted to pain medication is actually very low, despite what the CDC, PROP, and the media would like you to believe, those suffering from true pain have less then a 1% chance of becoming addicted to opioid pain medication, if by chance I feel I to continue a medication that indeed may contain an opioid or opiate ingredient, my body may become dependent, but by no means does that indicate that I am addicted, just as a insulin patient is dependent on their insulin medication to function, a thyroid patient is dependent to function or heart patient is function, opioid medications are safe and effective when taken as prescribed, when prescribed at doses that are individually thought out, meaning at levels that are above or below the so called 90MLs, the CDC thinks is the highest any human should ever need for pain relief. I paid for a review of my MRI, not a biased, unnecessary response such as “ during this time you risk becoming addicted to pain medication “

Your are correct.

My wrong!

I did interpret your MRI and you have not paid for anything yet as we get no credit if you do not accept an answer.

Good luck to you!