Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Can I have more opinions on my encounter please? Thanks…

Can I have more opinions on my encounter please? Thanks…Please help…Im very anxious… on 2/10/2019, I met a woman and we did french kiss for a couple time, each time last around 20s. I think I didnt taste any blood(not 100% sure tho) or feel any hurt in my mouth. I also kiss and licked her nipples for like 15s. Thats all what happened, how much risk am I at and when can I go get tested. Thanks. Please help me.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I would consider your risk as insignificant and negligible. There are just a few cases where french kissing has been suspected to transfer HIV. This is not something that happens in more than 99.9% of times. So, your risk is very minuscule and not at all something that should worry you. It is very unlikely that a person will get HIV even from deep, open-mouth kissing since the risk is much lower than with most other sexual activities. You can safely relax and get tested (for peace of mind) with a 4th generation test after a month.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered

questions. I would be happy to assist you further if you need any

further information. Please use reply to let me know.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above

with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What if there is small blood exchanged that I didn’t notice? Two of my wisdom teeth were half out, and so have one or two small cavity...

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I understand. It is very difficult to transmit HIV and even with the unprotected vaginal risk the risk of HIV is very low. So, your risk is still considered to be negligible and insignificant even with your wisdom teeth are half out and even if you had one or two small cavities.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I didnt have unprotected sex, I didnt even take off my pants. Dr.Ravoof are you a HIV specialist?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I manage patients having HIV and have both theoretical and practical knowledge and experience with HIV.

I was just making you understand how difficult it is to transmit HIV. So, with kissing the risk is not even considered low risk but something that is very rare and does not occur usually. You can safely relax.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would you recommend a test?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After the first french kiss, she laid down and I kissed and licked her nipple, and I didnt see any blood on the nipple, I think this can prove i was not bleeding. And 5 minutes later we had the second french kiss

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

No, with this negligible risk I would not recommend testing since the result will most certainly be negative.

Licking the nipple is not a risky activity and will not transmit HIV.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Doctor. Under what kind of scenario would deep kissing be a risk? Meaning how much blood need to be present there ?

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!!

There has to be visible fresh bleeding which you can immediately notice and both of the participants should immediately get a cut/injury with significant blood exchange for transmission of HIV.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t feel any hurt during the kissing..

This is the reason I know that there was no injury or fresh bleeding and you can safely relax without any worry regarding HIV.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Doctor. Would a duo test at 15 days good enough for me? I’m going to test the day after tomorrow

You are very welcome!!

If you want an accurate result then I would recommend waiting for at least 21 days (3 weeks) before doing the duo test. Even after 15 days, it is quite accurate, however, the accuracy is more after 3 weeks. But as I recommended before no testing is actually required.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome!
Thank you very much!!
Have a great day!!!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When it will be conclusive for a duo test?

I would consider a 6-week test to be conclusive. But according to the CDC, only a 3-month test can be considered to be conclusive.

Take care.