Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients management.
12501846

Shah I have a concern

Hi dr shah I have a concern

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.
I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tested at 91 days 4th gen nonreactive 13weeks conclusive

This is a good news for you.

4th gen is very accurate. It is conclusive much earlier than 12 weeks, but generally we use 12 weeks cut off.

You are safe. No need to worry.

Take care

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But my throat still sore my uvula swoll up about 5weeks ago and my neck still aches and I have body aches my armpits slightly aches
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thigh aches at times
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do I need to test at 6months

No need to test again.

4th gen is very accurate. No one ever required more than 12 weeks if they really had HIV infection.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why they say 6months still then

6-month testing was old recommendation.

With the use of newer HIV tests like 4th gen, the current recommendation is 12 weeks or 3 months. It is 100% accurate at 3 months.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did a RNA hiv 1 at 73days it was negative but my symptoms making me nervous
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did 4th gen at 5,6,7,9,10,11,12,and 13weeks 91 days nonreactive I had unprotected sex with a female sexworker being stupid

You do not have HIV infection.

Symptoms do not decide HIV status.

You need to visit an infectious disease specialist or ENT doctor to evaluate your case to find out the cause of your symptoms.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I went to infectious disease doctor she said it my anxiety and I did not have it and I going to ent doctor today (this what my throat look like 5 weeks ago)

Your throat is red, congested, and have oral thrush as well. Get a throat swab culture as well.

You have to wait for ENT evaluation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No those pics was 5weeks ago

Your ENT doctor will examine it today and suggest you the best option.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my ent doctor put me on Prednisones when it was swoll like that
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This my throat now

Your throat has recovered/healed now. I don't see anything concerning.

take care

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I know my concern is what cause it I was tested for strep and mono both negative and my throat still be sore and neck aches I hurts if I drink anything but water

What ever may be the cause, but it was not HIV.

You have already recovered, there is no way to find out the cause. It can be anything like viral, bacteria, fungus, allergy etc. It will take sometime to feel 100%, take rest, and allow time for recovery. Avoid anything that can irritate your throat.

Is there any other question I can answer for you?

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating by clicking 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

take care.
Dr. Shah

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My throat and neck was sore and aching a month before it swoll up like that my throat and neck issues started on dec19 my uvula swoll up January 12 I had unprotected sex nov 12

I have already given my professional opinion based on your description. There is no point in going over again.

You don't have HIV and your symptoms are not related to HIV. It is very uncommon for HIV to involve tonsils, uvula.

You can ask your PCP or ENT doctor for further explanation.

I hope you get better soon.

take care

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you