Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
Experience:  General physician with experience in General & Family Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Results of my HSV 1/2 IGG, Type Specific AB indicated:

JA: How long have you had HSV? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: results were HSV 1 IGG 46.90
JA: Have you seen a doctor about HSV?
Customer: NO, I JUST TOOK THE TEST AND THESE ARE THE RESUK\LTS. WHAT SHOULD I INFER?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I HAD TESTICULAR CANCER IN 1982. HAVE NEVER HAD ANY HERPES SYMPTOMS

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

HSV 1 IgG- A positive herpes IgG test only tells you that at some point in time you acquired the herpes virus.

It is positive in cases of past dormant infections as well.So no need to worry about HSV 1 IgG positive results especially if you don't have any symptoms.

Almost 70-90% of Americans test positive for HSV-1.

It can be acquired during childhood from close contacts with relatives etc.

Usually HSV 1 causes cold sore.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you !”.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just so I understand, with the high level, if I have never had Herpes symptoms, what precautions should I take with y partner?

ELISA test doesn't detect the actual viral load so no need to worry about high values.

Kissing can transmit HSV 1 during asymptomatic phase as well.

You can develop a cold sore when your body immunity is low.

Respected customer,
Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know.
It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do.
Please avoid bad/poor rating.