Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor with 9 years of experience in family medicine, pediatrics, sexually transmitted diseases, dermatology, gynecology, general surgery and traumatology
99147888

Was in a skiing accident, knee has been swollen for three

Was in a skiing accident, knee has been swollen for three days now feels wobbly on the inner side of my knee can’t bear weight on it or lift it without it feeling wobbly. What do you suggest or what does this sound like it is

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

how old are you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I’m 19

Dear friend, what you describe is likely to be a knee sprain with a possible meniscus injury, in your case you should have absolute rest, keep your leg high, you should avoid walking but I suggest you go to your doctor as it is necessary to perform an MRI in a few days when the inflammation decreases, but it is necessary to examine yourself.
I suggest taking Advil every 8 hours, after 3 days of rest you can wear a knee brace.

do you have any question????

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.

You’re welcome, I hope this information will be helpful. It's been a privilege to assist you.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.