Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon
Experience:  U.S. Surgeon / Neurological Surgery
206912

I last drank 30 days ago and took a PEth test today. I had

I last drank 30 days ago and took a PEth test today. I had consumed 3/4 a bottle of wine per day for two weeks before the test. Will this come back negative?
JA: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?
Customer: PEth blood
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: great
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello -

You are probably going to be OK.

The PEth test does look at "binge" drinking for prolonged periods of time, and if you had taken the test two weeks ago, you would have surely failed.

Three weeks ago, you'd be on the borderline.

Now, you're almost certainly fine.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!