Dr. Gerry
Dr. Gerry, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgery- Brain and Spine Specialist-Post Graduate Year 5
103642406

I bought a fireproof document wallet online which I just

hi, I bought a fireproof document wallet online which I just opened now but instructions were in german. It is made of fibreglass and I seem to have cut my tumb....i hear fibreglass is dangerous.I washed my hands and put bread and salt on it with warm water as I dont have epson salts.
JA: How long have you had the cut? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: about 30 minutes
JA: Have you seen a dermatologist about the cut?
Customer: no medication
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: it's nighttime here...no I have not seen anyone i have no medical history issues

Hello! I have read your concern. What you did was right to wash it with water and mild soap. Fiber glass is just okay if this was just a minimal amount of cut. The danger depends of the time and frequency and gravity of exposure from fiberglass. If this is just a small amount of cut and the it just happend fast then you should just be fine. Neosporin will help you on this so it wouldnt get infected. Expect that this wound will be painful because you have alot of nerve endings in there so should you take Ibuoprofen every 8 hoiurs and may be increased upto every 6 hours if still not effective. This all should help you. Best of luck!

Did i answer your question? let me know.

I sincerely ***** ***** question. Please appreciate me by giving positive stars located atop of our conversation. Please note that our conversation may still continue even if positive ratings have been given. Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Gerry! Will come to you in future for any concerns. Thanks again! Brian

You're most welcome Brian! Sure, will be expecting you.