Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients management.
12501846

What are the symptoms of brain damage after brain surgery?

second opinion] What are the symptoms of brain damage after brain surgery? And can CT scan detect brain damage?

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.
I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is a general question. Brain damage always results from brain injury. Brain injury could be due to trauma or secondary to other conditions. Signs and symptoms depend upon the area of the brain that has been damaged. In general, you will see physical symptoms like (loss of consciousness, confusion, disorientation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, difficulty speaking, communication etc) and cognitive symptoms (profound confusion, agitation, slurred speech, unusual behavior, coma etc). CT scan is a very good tool, but MRI is considered superior for detecting brain injury.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Please leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.
Regards,
Dr. Shah

Is there any other question I can answer for you?

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating by clicking 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

take care.
Dr. Shah

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Take care

Dr. Shah