Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Physican with over 15 years experience
75196502

I have crohns and take Align I don't know wether switching

i have crohns and take Align I don't know wether switching from Align to store brand Align caused my constipation but now I am very constipated takes long time to pass stool and it is thick and long
JA: How long have you had constipation? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: no I do take three different anti depressants high blood pressure med salofalk stomack med and calciu vit d vit c all purpose vitamin I am 66 i am not taking anything to remedy constipation i was worried to try
JA: Have you seen a doctor about constipation?
Customer: no this has become worse this weekend i do have a gastroenterologist i do see
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: last night i needed to push to go but it would not move this has ben creeping up on me for two to three months last night was the worst
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am here to help you. So that I may best answer you most accurately, can you tell me please, have any of your medication doses changed or was anything new added recently? Are you having any Crohn’s flare up or blood in your stool? Any vomiting? And do you take any narcotic pain medications?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No change in meds, just changed from regular Aleve to generic or store brand, I do not drink or use narcotics, no blood I dont think I always check for that no vomiting. I take 8 salofalk 500mg a day for Crohn's,. Tecta, bisoprolol, cymbalta sertraline and wellbutrin
Lipitor, bupropion. Calcium, vit D, vit c centrum , oh I started tracking tumeric supplement a couple months ago. I forgot.
I see, thank you for that information. From your description it sounds like you would benefit from a few things. First, I recommend a Fleets Enema as you may have developed a hard stool mass backing things up. The Fleets enema will evacuate this plugging. Next, pick up some MiraLax over the counter. This is a stool softener that helps your bowel movement retain water so as to stay soft and easier to pass. If you find that you’re having diarrhea, then back off on the amount of MiraLax and/or stope once you are regularly passing bowel movements.
Can I help with anything else on this matter?