Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon
Experience:  U.S. Surgeon / Neurological Surgery
206912

Have had back pain, lower left, for a month now, its also

Have had back pain, lower left, for a month now, its also into left leg below the knee. I can't sit on left side with any comfort. Been taking motrin but without much relief.
JA: How long have you been using Motrin? Has it helped at all?
Customer: for one month
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the back pain?
Customer: this started in Jan 10th
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: had xray, and was told its mild artritis, if this is mild then I would hate to be in severe

Does this pain seem to radiate from your lower back into your buttock and into the back of the thigh as well as the calf?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot sit with any comfort, in pain and no relief

Okay, thank you.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with sciatica, and one of the more likely scenarios is a herniated disc in your lower back, which is causing a "pinched nerve".

If you have been having ongoing symptoms for one month, you're getting to the point where you should discuss with your doctor about getting further imaging, including MRI imaging of the lumbar spine. Specifically you would want to evaluate for a bulging or herniated disc at the L5 – S1 level.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!