Dr.DAGO
Dr.DAGO, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine. Pulmonary/ Critical Care
93381398

2 days ago I woke up with what looked like little blisters

2 days ago I woke up with what looked like little blisters on the outer corner of my eye. I woke up today with some swelling and my eye, a little redness, and a very light white discharge(it looked like little pieces of white lint), and the blisters have like a scab or crust over them. I did have a stomach flu the day before the bumps showed up. I don't have any irritation, pain, blurred vision, or itchiness in the eye. What could it possibly be?

Hello

This is Dr. Dago. I'm board certified. I have over 10 years of experience.

I understand your concerns. I'm here to help you.

Do you have any other medical conditions?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, no other medical conditions.

Any rash or secretions?

One eye or both eyes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No rash. Just the little bump/blisters that showed up on the outer corner of my eye. Just the left eye.

Do you have any pain?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No pain, no irritation, no itchiness, no blurred vision.

The findings are likely from viral conjunctivitis. You should keep the area clean and wash your hands all the time to avoid spreading the infection to the other eye. If you notice secretions, pain or blurry vision then you should see your primary care physician. For now, you can use eye drops to keep the eye hydrated. The eye should improve in 3-5 days.

Please leave a positive rating.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks.