Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!
Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern today. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Meniere's disease is an inner ear disorder in which a person will experience:
- Vertigo (spinning dizziness with nausea)
- Hearing loss
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
This triad of symptoms is required for the diagnosis. The ways to resolve this condition include:
- Reduce or eliminate salt in the diet
- Drink plenty of water each day
- Purchase an over the counter medication called Meclizine to use as needed for the dizziness and nausea
I hope you feel better soon.