Dr.DAGO
Dr.DAGO, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine. Pulmonary/ Critical Care
93381398

I am a 27 year old male and healthy and active from all

Hello there I am a 27 year old male and healthy and active from all previous test over the years. I have a few moles on my body and I wanted to go to the dermatologist soon because I been dealing with bad back acne for some time. But the reason why I am writing now is because of the corner of a mole I have on my right shoulder. It is symmetrical and of a light brown color with a hair sticking out of it, the corner though is that there seems to be be a littler darker pigment in it right where the hair is sticking out and I heard a mole with a dark center or that is not uniform in color should be checked out. So I am wondering if this is something I should be concerned with ? The mole is slightly raised and has been there for as long as I can remember
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here are some pics more coming
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My bad those pics didn't come through, here they go.

Hello

This is Dr. Dago. I'm board certified. I have over 10 years of experience.

I understand your concerns. I'm here to help you.

Do you have any other medical conditions?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No sir

Thank you for the pictures. I was able to review them in detail. The mole has irregular borders and a different color in the center. You should see a dermatologist to have a closer look and follow the lesion. At the moment the lesion does not look malignant but requires to follow up.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Please leave a positive rating.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The different color center has a hair coming out right at point. Could that have anything to do with the change in color there ? You mention irregular borders but looking at the mole in my sight it seems symmetrical it look pretty circular to my naked eye. Can it be irregular bordered and still symmetrical

The different color center has a hair coming out right at point. Could that have anything to do with the change in color there ? NO. You mention irregular borders but looking at the mole in my sight it seems symmetrical it look pretty circular to my naked eye. Can it be irregular bordered and still symmetrical YES.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have this evaluated ASAP. But from your opinion does this look cancerous ? This mole has been on my body for most of my life I cannot remember it not being there and it hasn’t grown or raised anymore. But the different color center I cannot remember

No. It does not but has the potential to transform into a malignancy.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you I am almost done with questions. My last question with it being this way and the doctor says nothing is wrong should I have this mole removed or what should I do ? Just watch it over the years ?

Yes, just follow the dermatologist advice. If you notice the mole is changing then go back to the derm.

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks DAGO

Please leave a positive rating.

Thank you