the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I manage diabetes naturally, & recently went to the

Customer Question

i manage diabetes naturally, & recently went to the emergency room. they said i had upper respiratory infection & cellulitus.The doc said I needed to start taking insulin and check my blood sugar everyday. I started checking my blood sugar on 2-1-19. everything was the usual-up & down after I eat-- 130-290 on average. The upper respiratory has gone & I am managing the cellulitus topically ( because the 14 days of antibiotics didn't work ). the last couple of days my blood sugar has been high---225-365 on average. no change in diet, don't drink or smoke. I am 61 and have had a big toe amputation.other than that i feel pretty healthy. Wanting to know what could be up with my glucose levels ?
JA: When were you prescribed the insulin? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: Six years ago I was prescribed Janumet & then Metforman. The last 2 trips to the hospital they just gave me insulin. At home I do not take anything & have managed to stay alive for 4--years without drugs. The internet is a world of information if you want to live naturally. sorry that's my way.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the respiratory infection?
Customer: No just went to the emergency room, and that Doc said since I was so bull-headed and did not want to take my meds, that they were just going to patch me up and send me home with 2--antibiotics that were not going to work anyway. I am disabled and do not have insurance & can't get medicare or medicaid until I turn 62.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope, just the diabetes, high blood pressure, and seizures, although have not had any in about 21/2 years
Category: Medical
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what was your A1c?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Around 7.6, but that was 3 years ago
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, just don't have the extra money right now

This is very bad

this is simply a progression of diabetes plus the infection is raising your sugar

you absolutely 100% need to be on meds

Thanks for this question.I strive for 5 star service for all customers. :)If you have more questions, just reply.