Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I suffer w social anxiety and was diagnosed w ptsd after

Hi I suffer w social anxiety and was diagnosed w ptsd after childhood trauma and doing EMDR. I find in relationships and social settings I feel like the work is going to end if the person I am with and care for ignores me or is perceived to be ignoring me. I get paranoid and jealous and extremely sad .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
World not work

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

What is your question regarding this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you think is a good way to treat this ? Do you need more information?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

What treatments have you already tried? Were they effective?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
EMDR , years of therapy, yoga, reiki, good living and yet it seems nothing can break me of this but I’d like to keep seeking solutions

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

What type of therapy have you tried? Did you try any medication?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did try anti Depressants Paxil Wellbutrin and One that acted on the system immediately, I cannot remember the name now . I did psychotherapy And EMDR

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Do you know the type of psychotherapy? Were medications helpful? Are you presently on any medication?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don’t know the type just that they were psychotherapists. No the meds didn’t feel right

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

There are various types of psychotherapies. The third generation cognitive behavioral therapies such as Acceptance and Commitment therapy are very helpful for social anxiety and PTSD. Not every psychotherapist is experienced or qualified to practice this type of therapy. So, you should consult a therapist in your location who is experienced in ACT therapy. Till you are able to consult such a specialist you can start reading these below-linked books and apply the suggestion. These books will be very helpful to you and will reduce your relationships and social symptoms.

https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Acceptance-Workbook-Anxiety-Shyness/dp/1608820807

https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Life-Beyond-Trauma-Post-Traumatic/dp/1572244976/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=act+ptsd&qid=1549631133&s=Books&sr=1-4

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions. I would be happy to assist you further if you need any further information. Please use reply to let me know.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Dr Ravoof. I will order the books and look into this kind of therapy. Does it also deal with the issues of jealousy which I think come from rapprochement?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also, from my phone I don’t seem to have an option to click the stars Or leave a bonus.

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!!

Yes, it also deals with issues of jealousy. This is a great form of therapy and the principles of this therapy can be applied to all aspects of our life.

Take care.

You can try this on your computer. Or view the desktop version from your phone if you are not able to do this from the mobile site.

Thank you very much!!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you!

You are very welcome!!
Thank you very much!!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will try desktop site to send a little bonus. Blessings!