Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

I’m not looking for a diagnosis I’m more looking for a

I’m not looking for a diagnosis I’m more looking for a doctors advice how to get treated for a disease I may have. Just advice on a rare systemic disease.
JA: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I have a pathology report of Sclerosing sialadenitis. I actually have systemic symptoms with it.
JA: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: I was married to the doctor and he never gave me the results. Or explained.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was married to the doctor and he never gave me the results. Or explained.
Hello.
I am Dr Sri Vidhya V S.
I am here to help you.
Please let me know your problem so that I can try my best to help you.
What are the symptoms you experience currently?When was the diagnosis made?Can you tell me which salivary gland was given this finding?Any treatment done so far?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A year ago I received a biopsy of sclerosing sialadenitis, I was really never told the significance of this of this biopsy because I’m having systemic issues and I need to know who to turn to to get the diagnosis I need for treatment. The treatment of this disease is usually steroids.
I'm sorry. I am having server issues.
I would prefer to chat.I am typing my answer.
You will get it shortly.
A sclerosing sialadenitis is usually caused by a blocked salivary duct due to calcification inside.It has to be treated definitely to avoid further progression.There are two options. The first one being a surgical resection of the affected salivary gland.
The second one being an intra glandular injection of steroids. This is preferred especially in a young individual.You might have to consult a general surgeon to discuss regarding the further course of treatment.An MRI also might be warranted to assemble the depth of the lesion
An intra glandular steroid injection therapy gives a good result.The number of doses has to be decided after a detailed evaluation by the surgeon.
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.Kind regards-Dr Sri Vidhya V S.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you in getting your doubt cleared.I wish you a sound health always.May I remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (and help me get credited for my professional efforts and time).A bonus is highly appreciated with thanks.We can simply continue here until you are satisfied. Please click the reply box to continue.Kindest regards-Dr Sri Vidhya V S