Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Does a tsh level change over time and is it normal for it to

Customer Question

does a tsh level change over time and is it normal for it to decrease significantly even in the normal range
JA: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no medication the tsh decreased from 2.6 to .76 in a year these are my sons levels he just turned 15 I was wondering if that is normal for adolescents
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: he goes to an pediatric endocrinologist and I just got the results and was just wondering if this is something I should talk to the doctor about he also had very low vitamin d hydroxyl levels
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
added the pic of TSH values
Expert:  Carmen Barnes replied 9 months ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Barnes, I hope I can help to address your concern. May I ask for what medical condition your son sees an endocrinologist? Is he on any medication at all?