Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband has been having real stomach pain and says it

Customer Question

My husband has been having real stomach pain and says it feels raw, i take him to the er they give morphine for pain and seen him home. There got to be a reason for all this , every 2-3 months same thing.
JA: How long have you been using Morphine? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Every 2-3 months it flares up it started when his pancrease was out ot wacked
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: Yes, they put him on zenpep and hydrocodone for pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well the pancreatits come from alcohol that what started he was a heavy drinker and hasn't had drink a of liquor since 2015
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not receive my answer from the questions i asked.
Expert:  Amanda Cooke replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I'm Dr. Cooke. I'm a board certified physician in internal medicine. I'm so sorry for the delay. I'm just coming online now and see that your question hasn't been answered. Could I chat with you a bit and offer some thoughts?

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and his pain. I hope it's okay if I ask a few more questions.

1) Does he have any other medical problems?
2) Apart from the pain, are there any other symptoms during these episodes? Does he get nauseous, vomit, or have diarrhea?
3) During these episodes, does he ever have a CT (cat scan)? What does the CT scan show? Does it show inflammation around the pancreas? Does he ever have his lipase checked?
4) Has he seen a gastroenterologist before? Has he ever had an upper endoscopy (where they place a camera in the throat to look at the esophagus and stomach?