Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 4 & 1/2 year old son was in the ER earlier for an asthma

My 4 & 1/2 year old son was in the ER earlier for an asthma attack. They gave him a breathing treatment and a steroid. I was give instructions to give him the Albuterol the next 4 days and no more today. I accidentally gave him another dose because I didn’t realize that PREDNISOLONE is the steroid. What should I do?
JA: How long has year old's son been using PREDNISOLONE? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Today was his first time getting it one at the ER and then again later at home
JA: How long has he been dealing with asthma? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: He was diagnosed I believe 2 years ago
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He takes Certirizine 10mL every night for allergies and amoxicillin prescribed today for an ear infection

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

There really isn't any harm done with the extra albuterol treatment--that won't overdose him or cause any problem

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you! He doesn’t seem like anything is wrong. Should I still give his dose tomorrow?

Yes--the dose tomorrow will also be fine

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you so much!

My pleasure and call on me anytime