Medical

I think I may have HIV because I had unprotected sex with a…

Customer Question
I think I may have...
I think I may have HIV because I had unprotected sex with a female I did not know and I woke up the next day and my penis was burning after I pee got the first 2 weeks and I’m constipated But on dec 19 my throat became sore and aching on the side of my neck. I’m Constipated but when I eat something and poop it’s diarrhea and it feels like... Read full answer
I think I may have HIV because I had unprotected sex with a female I did not know and I woke up the next day and my penis was burning after I pee got the first 2 weeks and I’m constipated But on dec 19 my throat became sore and aching on the side of my neck. I’m Constipated but when I eat something and poop it’s diarrhea and it feels like something in the back of my throat I really don’t have headache and don’t feel tired it’s been 6 weeks now my throat is not swollen but aching slightly I had red dots in the back of my throat but they clearing up but I noticed my arm is dry and look like it’s a tone darker A been throwing up because I’m scared and not eating at first cause I was depressed but not cause my throat hurt
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2018
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hi, this is Dr John from JustAnswers.

I am a U.S. board-certified physician with over 20 years of experience.

I am reviewing your question and will be with you shortly.

I may need to ask further questions.

These answers are for general information only and do not constitute medical advice or a doctor-patient relationship.

any fever today?

No I haven’t had a fever at all but it started with my penis burning after I pee and sharp pain in my urethra and butt and my testicles itches but I’m not really have those problems anymore it’s my throat being sore and neck aching that started last Wednesday

any cough or nasal congestion?

Haven’t really been cough but keep clear my throat

so the sore throat and neck ache are unrelated to the unprotected intercourse 6 weeks ago and is almost always from a cold virus.
The symptoms should improve over the next several days.
You can do warm salt water gargles to help with the discomfort and/or take over-the-counter tylenol or motrin.

Does that help answer your question?

I went to sleep and woke up and my pillow and mattress was soke and wet I’m nervous
I can understand that you have some anxiety over this issue.However, if I recall, both you and your partner had negative HIV tests at 5-6 weeks after the encounter. That means that she didn’t have HIV when you were together and you would not be at risk for contracting HIV.Your sore throat symptoms would be due to a cold virus.Does that make sense?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Dr love I have 13 days left with this symptoms do u think
Dr love I have 13 days left with this symptoms do u think I'm going to test non reactive and stay that way at 12weeks and after 3months?… read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
I had unprotected sex with sexworker on November 12 all my
I had unprotected sex with sexworker on November 12 all my symptoms in order 1 burning after peeing for 2 weeks 2. Constipated Severely 3. My lips was burning at the time badly 4. Slightly pain in ure… read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
I'm so worried I had unprotected sex on nov 12 and woke up
I'm so worried I had unprotected sex on nov 12 and woke up the next day burning after I peed and the burning lasted for about 2 weeks and I became constipated nov 16 which I'm pooping a little better … read more
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Consultant Paediatrician,
Stop searching for answers—
I need help on nov 12 I had unprotected sex with a sexworker
I need help on nov 12 I had unprotected sex with a sexworker being stupid woke up the next day burning and became constipated 3 days later now fast forward to now about a week in a half ago my throat … read more
Radiation Oncology Attending Director,
I need help on nov 12 I had unprotected sex with a sexworker and I woke up the next day and peed and it was burning and 3 days later I was constipated and I was have Slight pain in my urethra and butt… read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
I had unprotected sex November 12 2018 with a sex work List
I had unprotected sex November 12 2018 with a sex work List of things I been going threw 1 the very next day my penis was burning for about 2 weeks Severely after peeing 2 I'm Severely Constipated on … read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My throat feel a little better this week no signs of a rash
My throat feel a little better this week no signs of a rash and I poop about an hour ago and it was hard… read more
Doctor,
My throat still feel like something in the back of my neck
My throat still feel like something in the back of my neck and my neck still slightly aching I don't know doctor subb I went from having burning after pee,testicles itching,butt itching sharp pain in … read more
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Consultant Physician,
Post graduation (Liverpool, U.K.)
Dr mo I talk with you last weekend bout my symptoms and i
Dr mo I talk with you last weekend bout my symptoms and i throught it was herpes but now I think I may have hiv because this past Wednesday my throat became sore and I can barely shallow sometimes and… read more
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Healthcare consultant,
I think I may have HIV because I had unprotected sex with a
I think I may have HIV because I had unprotected sex with a female I did not know and I woke up the next day and my penis was burning after I pee got the first 2 weeks and I'm constipated But on dec 1… read more
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
DO
Doc I had unprotected sex nov 12 with a sex worker and the
doc I had unprotected sex nov 12 with a sex worker and the next day my penis was burning after I pee for 2 weeks Severely but now my penis don't really burn anymore. I was having testicle itching shar… read more
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Consultant Paediatrician,
I talk with u a couple of days ago about I might have herpes
Hi doctor John I talk with u a couple of days ago about I might have herpes cause I had unprotected sex on nov 12 with a female I did not not and i woke up the next day burning will I was tested Wedne… read more
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Board Certified MD,
Stop searching for answers—
I am nervous again that Wednesday I was tested for HIV and
I am nervous again that Wednesday I was tested for HIV and herpes and it started early that day I could really swollow my food and drink and some on it was getting stuck in my throat by my Adam's appl… read more
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Consultant Paediatrician,
I think I have HIV I Need Help on nov 12 I had unprotected
I think I have HIV I Need Help on nov 12 I had unprotected sex with a sex worker i didn't know she was a sex worker I thought she was a professional massage therapist but 1 thing lead to another. I wo… read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
I am kinda nervous because I had sex on November 12 with a
I am kinda nervous because I had sex on November 12 with a sexworker I did not perform oral sex on her at all. She was tested in August for HIV and it was non reactive she showed me that and after we … read more
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM
Consultant Physician& Rheumatologist,
I'm happy that my result came back clean but I haven't ate
I'm happy that my result came back clean but I haven't ate anything since Wednesday and I drink 2 cups of water today and I kinda force myself to use the bathroom cause I'm still mostly Constipated wh… read more
Doctor,
I am 21 years old, I started with having body ache and next
I am 21 years old, I started with having body ache and next thing I knew I was having fever next day when I woke up and had sore throat, fever continued not for long next day but I continue having sor… read more
Dr. RK
Dr. RK
Physician,
I have had sex with a man in his early 30s im a black 19 yr
i have had sex with a white man in his early 30s im a black 19 yr old he told me that he dosent usually have unprotected sex so we had unprotected sex because it was my first time than after that i be… read more
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Ob/Gyn Doctor,