Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the difference between a soft lite in color and a…

Customer Question
What is the difference...

What is the difference between a soft lite brown in color and a liquidy loose stool.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the looseness? Have you used any medication for it?

A couple of months.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the looseness?

I tell you it's not loose it's soft.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On rare occasions it is loose x once. A few years past i was dx with IBS. I am also on quite a few heart dz meds and an anti depressant. I should also mention i have a lot going on in my life now. One thing more, i am also suffering from chronic back pain.

Submitted: 13 days ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2018
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 13 days ago
Connie Pennington

Hello, this is Dr. Pennington. I am a colorectal surgeon.

The difference between soft light brown in color and liquidy loose stool is exactly the characteristics you describe.

It is an observable difference. The cause is multi-factorial, and involves diet, colon health, and stress levels.

Not dangerous at all.

How old are you? Gender? Medications (common cause of loose stools)? What is your diet like?

How exactly can I assist you?