Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
101446932

It has been suggested to me to have a sew up procedure for

It has been suggested to me to have a sew up procedure for my prolapsed bladder. I have had a pessary for a few months and it has to be pushed back ten times in a day and three plus at night. It is taking all my life and so a sew up has been suggested by a doctor. I am 80 and will not be active sexually.
JA: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: It has been suggested to me to have a sew up procedure for my prolapsed bladder. I have been using a pessary for a few months and it has to be pushed up or back many times in a day and three or four at night. I am very frustrated with this. I am 80, active physically and not nor do not intend to be sexually active. I am a widow
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: I saw my doctor a month ago. I have not had any irregular results as far as I know.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware of.

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

The surgical procedure to fix prolapsed bladder is a very effective, low risk procedure. It's especially useful for people who have tried, but have found no success with pessaries.

Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts, or questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying the sew up is a very effective, low risk procedure?

Yes, that is what I'm saying.