Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have very bad hemroides I have had them for over 2years no…

Customer Question
I have very bad...

I have very bad hemroides I have had them for over 2years no sugen will help me because I don't have insurance they now are so pain ful and spending and have yellow puss coming out of it will this hurt me

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the yellowness? Have you used any medication for it?

5 mos

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the yellowness?

Went to the Er they said there is nothing they can do because I don't have insurance

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have hight blood presser

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Medical
7/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 days ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What is your age?

What is the treatment done?

Is there any bleeding?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I'm 47 very bad hemroids. Yes bleeding and yellow puss

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

The treatment of hemorrhoids is by warm sitz bath, avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft and local application of the ointment like proctosedyl or Preparation-H. Following is the detailed advisory;

1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options helps speed bowel movements and decrease straining. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated swelling of hemorrhoids.

2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams/day. High fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.

3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)

4) Regular exercise; this helps in relieving constipation if any.

5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.

6) Avoid irritant foods, chilies, and hot herbs and substances.

7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing for pain and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done thrice a day for a couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).

8) Local ointments applied in anal canal which contain xylocaine and vasoconstrictor (OTC product).

Read here;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hemorrhoids/DS00096

The hemorrhoids should respond to these measure in 3-4 weeks. If they do not completely resolve in a week or 10 days, it would be time to seek a personal examination by a physician.

If these measures do not help you may try the non-surgical/mild invasive procedures;

1) Rubber band ligation

2) Bipolar, infrared, and laser coagulation

3) Sclerotherapy

4) Cryosurgery

5) Laser hemorrhoidectomy

6) Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation

7) Anal stretching or Lord's stretching.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 days ago

Hope you are doing good.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

God bless.