Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My lips and throat are swollen, it's seems like allergic…

Customer Question
My lips and throat...

My lips and throat are swollen, it's seems like allergic reaction. Can I take claritin?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used Claritin or anything similar before?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the allergy?

No, it's happened in the middle of the night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm a breast feeding mom

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Medical
7/11/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 9 days ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you suffer from a sore throat, cough?

Pain during swallowing in the back of the throat?

Shortness of breath?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I had bronchitis in the last 2 weeks, now I feel better although I'm still coughing. Last night I woke up with swollen lips, and right now I woke up again with swollen lips and I feel like my throat is getting swollen and it's harder for me to breath, additionally the palm of my feet are itching. I feel like I have allergic reaction to something, but it's middle of the night and I can't go to a doctor right now.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I'm 35 years old, and I'm breast feeding mom.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, yes, you can take Claritin safely while lactating.

You should apply cool compresses on your lips with an ice cube wrapped in a cotton cloth.

Also, take OTC Advil if you have.

Apply calamine lotion on your feet.

Maintain a good hydration with Gatorade.

If your shortness of breath is getting worse then visit an emergency room.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Thank u

Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I also noticed that all my mouth is swollen, from all those symptoms it's seems like it's allergy?
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
will Claritin will help with all those symptoms?
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 8 days ago

Sorry for the late reply.

I hope you are doing well.

How are you now?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I'm better now, thank u

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.