Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have inflammation of gastritis lately my stomach's been…

Customer Question
I have inflammation of...

I have inflammation of gastritis lately my stomach's been hungry every night really and nauseous and I feel like I want to eat something but I know it's late what do I do

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Nauseous, it's be

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My esophagus hurts when I eat and the last time I had in the dust could be was I'll get in August

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Medical
7/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 11 days ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually from what you are describing it sounds like that the symptoms are due to the persistent production of an excessive amount of stomach acid which is leading to the hunger pangs, nausea as well as the pain in the esophagus when you eat. The pain in the esophagus is likely due to inflammation of the lining of the esophagus caused by the stomach acid coming back up. In both of these cases, the following measures can help reduce the symptoms,

Use of OTC Prilosec at a dose of 20 mg twice daily or you can even use 40 mg once at night (2-3 hours before bedtime)

Cut back on caffeine and alcohol as that will worsen the problem

Use more fruits and vegetables and avoid fried and fatty food products

Elevate the head of the bed by 30 degrees at night

Eat your last meal at least 2-3 hours before bedtime

Eat several small meals a day rather than 3 large meals which will help here as well

You can also add the use of OTC Zantac at a dose of 150 mg twice daily if the Prilosec alone does not help

In addition, it is possible that your symptoms may be worsened by an infection in the stomach caused by a bacterium known as H.Pyroli. This can be diagnosed with a simple stool test and then treated with antibiotics for a period of 10-14 days.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Sorry I didn't answer the question right I meant to say esophagus in August and how long has this been lasting for Hunger growling. About same month and I'm sure kind of dizzy right now

Im sorry do you mean to say you underwent an endoscopy back in august or that you will be seen by a doctor in august?

can you clarify this statement " I meant to say esophagus in August and how long has this been lasting for Hunger growling. About same month"

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Endoscopy and thank you for your answer. My Dr. Gave me generic Zantac 150 stop taking it when I went to the emergency thinking January or December. Take care of me Prevacid 30 mg I gave me nauseous then my daughter gave me Nexium which also gave me nauseous bone hurting. Taking aloe vera and I'm starving right now I'm hungry gurgling do I eat something or just wait till it's 4 in the morning wake up is nauseous and eating

At the moment, use water and milk if you have any, that will soothe the hunger pangs and prevent any pain from occurring. If you have zantac right now, use a single dose of 150 mg. If the prevacid and nexium cause problems for you, try prilosec it is a milder version and usually does not cause side effects. A dose of 10 mg a day to start with would be helpful.