Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS
4931939

I have been taking Codapane forte for sciatica which I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have been taking Codapane forte for sciatica which I have had for a few weeks now. My left ankle has swollen up the in the last couple of weeks & is very painful. I've been back to my doctor & he sent me for x-rays & an ultrasound. Nothing showed up & both my GP & the doctor at the radiology place are telling my it's a sprain which I don't remember it happening. Is it anything to worry about? Would the Codapane be causing the ankle to swell & being painful?
JA: How long have you had the sprain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: The swelling & ankle being painful has been for a couple of weeks now.
JA: When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: I saw the doctor last thursday. I asked for a prescription for more pan killers as my sciatica is still giving me problems & for my ankle. I have been using deep heat & heat bags on my ankle but it's still very sore. Maybe it's because I'm not keeping off of it so it will heal do you think? It wouldn't have anything to do with the side effects of the pain killers that has caused my ankle to swell & be painful?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. He has been my doctor for nearly 30 years so he knows my history very well. I am also taking mobic for osteoarthritis. I have has my right hip replaced & have osteoarthritis in my left hip but not bad enough for a replacement as yet.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.
What happen is not responsible for your swollen ankle.
I doubt that if you do not remember any injury the swelling can be ascribe to a sprain.
As the pain and swelling have been persisting for 2 weeks other possible causes need to be
looked into.
You need to have basic blood test done to rule out any inflammatory cause which may be responsible for the pain and swelling in your ankle.
This would include complete blood counts, erythrocytes sedimentation rate, C reactive protein, Rheumatoid factor and uric acid.
You should also have have colour Doppler of your leg to rule out any deep vein thrombosis.
Further treatment can be decided after the results of these tests are known.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My credit card has 2 entries for membership i didnt agree to. One entry for $78 and another for $58 on 23.07.18 and 16.07.18. Pkease refund monies immediately!