Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I get rid of my hanging belly without surgery? No not…

Hello , can I...

Hello , can I get rid of my hanging belly without surgery ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you discussed the surgery with a doctor?

No not yet

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

The doctor just tells me to lose weight

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have slow thyroid and take pills for hypertension .

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/11/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What was your last thyroid (TSH) result? What is the difficulty you are facing in losing weight? What are your weight and height?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
my result was4 and i am 168 cm tall and weigh 130kg

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Are you taking any medication for the thyroid? Do your symptoms of low thyroid hormone? What type of dieting have you tried to lose weight? How much exercise do you do daily?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Glad to know that your aim is to lose weight. Even a weight loss as low as 5 to 10 pounds a year has been shown to have a substantial benefit in health.

To jump-start and sustain the weight loss you must do the following:

You must eat whenever you are hungry but just enough to satisfy your hunger. You can have a balanced diet of small meals 4-6 times every day.

Managing calorie intake is the first step towards managing weight.

An excellent diet plan which is recommended for all body types is "create your plate".

You would need the support of the below-linked app which can be downloaded from the website, and it has a free "create your plate" plan where you can choose your diet based on your calorie requirements and the foods you like.

You can download the app from the below link:

http://www.makemyplate.co/

For detailed information regarding this diet please refer the below link:

https://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Regarding exercise, you need to get your doctor's approval for exercise, and then start an exercise regimen by aiming for at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week.

An exercise program will help you in losing localized fat such as the fat present in your belly.

You need to sleep adequately with 8 hours of sleep daily.

Oversleeping and decreased sleep time can cause belly fat to accumulate.

Lastly decreasing your stress levels will also be beneficial in preventing visceral fat accumulation.

So, by doing all this you will get rid of your belly fat even without surgery.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor