Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How does this work, I'm very tender on my left side of my…

Customer Question
How does this work ...

How does this work

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

I'm very tender on my left side of my pubic bone

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the tenderness?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had an ingrown hair in my pubic area that got infected about 5 days ago. It has since healed. Also it hurts when I cough

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Medical
7/11/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 10 days ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I will try my best to help you.

How old are you?

Can you send picture?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I'm 43, there's nothing to send a picture of the pain is on my mons pubic area, but there is no swelling, redness etc. No other past illness. I was just wondering if my lymph nodes we're in the area or if it was a hernia. It only hurts to the touch and I feel it when I cough

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be an inflammation from ingrown hair.
A muscle pull or strain is possible.
Coughing can cause the pull.
Lymph node or hernia would cause swelling which you are not having.
You can apply warm moist compress now.
You can soak a towel or cloth in warm water & place over it.
It would help in healing by increasing blood flow.
This brings in blood cells, antibodies.
You can take anti inflammatory pain medicine like Motrin or Advil.
Please take it after food.
If you do not notice improvement, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
The tenderness is about 4" away from where the ingrown was. Do you think it's related? And how long does it take to settle down?

Was the ingrown hair above or below the area?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
It was below
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Below

The inflammation fluid may gravitate down but it is unlikely to go down 4 inch down.

There can be muscle pull.

However, you can take Motrin or Advil for pain.