Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have globus pharyngeal discomfort and took 1 keflext

Customer Question
I have globus pharyngeal...

I have globus pharyngeal discomfort and took 1 keflext tablet (500mg) to relieve that today as prescribed by my doctor. But I am no longer sure I should have taken it. How long will the tablet remain in my system?

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed Keflex? How severe were any side effects?

Yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Keflex for this?

No

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/11/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 9 days ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Keflex will stay in the system for about 8 hours before being excreted in the urine.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.