Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 10 month old and we went camping this last week and…

Customer Question
I have a 10...

I have a 10 month old and we went camping this last week and there were lots of mosquitos she got a few bites on her face but not a lot and the last couple days they have got bigger and it seems like there are more bumps. Wondering what it is and how I can can help her.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the bumps? Have you used any medication for it?

Since Saturday they started really small and that’s why I thought thought they were mosquitoe bites. I’ve put cortizone cream and aloe Vera on it

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the bumps?

Not yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No she’s healthy

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Medical
7/11/2018
Doctor: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 9 days ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question​.

Please apply rubbing alcohol to the bumps, then apply hydrocortisone 1% twice daily. The combination of these two therapies can help the bumps to resolve quickly. If the bumps become hot to the touch, or painful, please take her to be seen by a doctor.

Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts, or questions.