Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well I know that something is not right. Yesterday, made one…

Hi, well I know that...
Hi, well I know that something is not right. Yesterday, made one week after possible exposure and I had mild sore throat for the past few days and then developed a low-grade fever. I just feel off. Went to the doctor yesterday and they did a panel checkup for all std's. The concern I have is 1st I know hiv would probably not show up. Next, are there any other stds that cause fever and also fatigue? I also have loose bowels starting on day 7
6/30/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Are you a man or a woman?

how old are you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
39 year old woman. This man may have had aids

did you have unprotected sex with this person?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
gave him oral sex without a condom

Did you notice any bleeding? Did the person ejaculate in your mouth?
Do you have any bleeding injuries in your mouth?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did not notice bleeding, no injuries in my mouth, and there may have been some precum in throat

I imagine you've been very anxious since this happened?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't sleep. what would cause fatigue and fever 7 days after exposure? any other std's that do that?

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also have a 6 month old baby that I breastfeed. Should I stop?

Dear friend, oral sex transmissions are very low, and can be limited to only two conditions that may occur, the first being genital herpes, but for this to occur a person must have the active virus and this usually occurs when there are obvious lesions and the genital herpes virus is less frequent in the mouth.
Infections with this type of IVH are extremely rare (I personally have not seen any), as bleeding is needed or the person needs to have an active bleeding lesion in the mouth, as the mouth is a hostile environment for the virus .
Cases reported for infection are in people who have bitten a man's genitals and he bleeds.
However, I do not believe that it is exposed, but if I have seen many cases of anxiety reported by the feeling of guilt and the risk of exposure that it represents on a psychological level, this generates anxiety and the anxiety is widely demonstrated that it can generate fever, diarrhea, weakness, lowering of the immune system and even favor viral infections, this is quite typical.
In your condition, you should not be alarmed as I do not believe you have any STDs, and you should not stop breastfeeding your baby.
My advice is to calm down because it's very unlikely.
STDs don't present themselves as you have.

Do you have any question?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your comforting words, but what about the low-grade fever? Any std's that cause fever

Fever is a symptom that can be caused by stress, anxiety, viral infections.
STD infections rarely cause a fever,

Any other question

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, thank you doctor Rubio

You're welcome.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when you see patients with early seroconversion symptoms what is the fever temp. and does it last all day or break certain times of the day and come back

you have no symptoms of seroconversion, and your exposure does not justify an infection.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but have malaise and my temp fluctuates from 98.6 and as high as 99.6. Currently it is 98.8. it has been a week. I have been reading online and many people can have ARS symptoms 1st week right?

those are normal fluctuations do not represent fever.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but I have the malaise and I know something is happening with my body. could it be another std?

No, it may be a viral infection not related to sexual exposure, none of the other STDs present with fever.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what about malaise? do other stds have that? and is oral herpes something that has fever? I actually do not have any sores but I don't feel well. Lightheaded and can't talk for too long without feeling sick with headache and feverish

what you are experiencing is an anxiety syndrome because the temperature you are measuring is not considered a fever.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas