Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

From oral sex wearing a condom can you catch any of these?

1.hiv 2.sti 3.herpes...
from oral sex wearing a condom can you catch any of these? 1.hiv
2.sti
3.herpes
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Did you give or receive oral sex? Are you having any symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
she give to me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no symptons been now 4 days

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

With protected sex, all these diseases are unlikely and almost impossible to get if protection was used correctly. There are very rare case reports of STI occurring even with protected sex. However, in these rare cases, it is possible that protection was not used correctly. So, you can safely relax. I am glad that there are no symptoms. Therefore there is no need for any test. You should not worry regarding this.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
with oral sex you cant catch hiv and sti with protection what herpes is that only you catch from skin to skin touch

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, herpes is caught only with skin to skin contact. Also if the other person has an outbreak then there is a low risk of transmission. So, with correct protected sex there is no skin to skin contact and therefore no risk of transmission. Also with protected oral sex, there is no risk of HIV. You can safely relax.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what about herpes having oral sex

Dear customer,

Thank you!!

Herpes is not possible to get with protected oral sex. Unprotected oral sex has a low risk of transmission of herpes.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in my case protected oral sex herpes is in possible?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, with protected oral sex herpes is not possible. Herpes virus cannot pass through an intact condom. During oral sex, there is contact only with the condom covered portion of the penis, so there is no transmission risk.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what about unprotected can you catch herpes

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Herpes is not easily transmitted and it is very difficult for herpes transmission to occur with oral sex. So, even with unprotected oral sex, there is only a very rare risk of herpes transmission.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in my case should I need to go for any tested ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

In your case, there is no risk and also you don't have any symptoms. So, there is no need for any tests.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
last question. you know with herpes example with unprotected sex they is no skin to skin touch about from her hand saliva can the hand be skin to skin touch and what about the saliva touch example on the penis or in penis does it need large amount saliva to pass in the penis ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Touching with the hand or saliva will not transmit herpes. So, you can safely relax and not worry about herpes.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i mean if saliva of the ladys does go in the penis can you catch herpes ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I understood what you meant. Saliva cannot transmit herpes. So, this will not lead to you catching herpes. You should not worry regarding this. You can relax.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question?
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i cant catch hiv herpes or sti?

Dear customer,

Thank you!!

Yes, with protected sex you can be absolutely sure that there is no risk for herpes or HIV. However, as I said there is a rare and very low risk of STI. But this is also very unlikely in view of the protected sex. So, you can relax and not worry about this.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. so you cant catch herpes protected or unprotected oral sex ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

1. You can't catch herpes with protected sex. With unprotected sex there is a very low risk of catching it. But this is also very rare.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
unprotected does it need a lot of saliva to go in the penis?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Saliva has absolutely no role. It is only skin to skin contact.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not hand job like private to private part ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

A handjob is also safe and will not transmit herpes.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They. Say mouth has. Herpes hsv 1 skin to. Skin. Has hsv2. Herpes when oral sex lady use her mouth on the Penis can you catch herpes like that 1 or 2

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

HSV2 is not usually present in the mouth. So, HSV2 is not transmitted. However, rarely if a lady is having cold sores and HSV1 outbreak which is visible then if she gives unprotected oral sex then the virus can rarely be transmitted.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am just worried will I be ok

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You will be OK and fine. You should not worry. You can safely relax.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had oral sex wearing a condom. If I was going for a. Test. Will. My results. Be negative. And should. I go for test only sti?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

If you don't have any symptoms you don't need a test. If you go for a test it will definitely be negative.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hsv 1 example. Give it on the Penis does it turn. To hsv 2

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Take care.

HSV 1 will not turn to HSV2.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I want to go. For a test. Should I go. For only sti

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

If you want to go then you can safely go for a test. There is no harm by doing a test if it gives you peace of mind.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I. Only. Go for sti. Test. Or all of. ThemAnd. Will my results be 100 percent. Negative

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Just test for STI for your peace of mind. Your results will be 100% negative.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks for the. Help and advice

Dear customer,
You are very welcome!!
Glad that I could help.
Thank you so much!