Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have issues about my weight and if I’m a healthy weight…

Hello, I have issues...

Hello, I have issues about my weight and if I’m a healthy weight for my age and height. I know I am over weight but I’m not sure how bad it is and if I should be concerned

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

I don’t have many symptoms other than I sweat and get hot easily, and I may have weak ankles

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

Not recently

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My parent are both over weight but I believe it’s more related to life style. My mental health is a bit shaky and I consider myself a stress eater

6/29/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate the time. I am an 18 year old girl that is about 5feet4inches tall, and I weigh about 250 pounds

Your ideal weight should be around 110-145 pounds.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a way that I can start to lose weight?

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

First, consider whether there are any underlying medical causes which are preventing you from losing weight as follows:

1 Low thyroid or Hypothyroidism is notorious for causing unnecessary weight gain and it will not respond to simple dietary adjustments. Thyroid function test would be necessary to diagnose the problem.

2) Another cause can be excess cortisol Cortisol levels, ACTH and suppression tests would be diagnostic..

The following measure would be recommended:

1) Avoid sugar-containing products or products which contain artificial sweeteners.

2) Increase protein intake which has been shown to reduce cravings and help with weight loss such as

• Egg whites,
  • fish, seafood,
  • legumes, nuts,
  • Meat,
  • dairy products and some whole grains.

3) Cut carbohydrates from the diet as much as you can.

4) Dietary fiber is another excellent way to reduce belly fat. However, the important thing is to use soluble viscous fiber, such as the fiber present in legumes, cereals like oats. Dietary supplements like glucomannan will also help here.

5) Following food products can be helpful here as well,

• Oatmeal, the unsweetened kind
  • Almonds and other nuts
  • Olive oil (use this or coconut oil for cooking)
  • Berries which contain a lot of fiber
  • Beans and legumes
  • Whole grains
  • Peanut butter (limit yourself to two tablespoons a day)
  • Avocados
  • Tea
  • Cannenilli beans
  • Broccoli
  • Flaxseeds
  • Green tea
  • Curd

The dietary adjustment should be combined with moderate exercise. A good exercise regimen is very important in order to lose weight.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This information was helpful
You are very welcome.Wishing you a speedy resolution. " I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.