Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed a painful bump on my tonsil and i have no idea…

I noticed a white...

I noticed a white painful bump on my tonsil and i have no idea what it is :-(

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I've had a sore throat for a while been checked and came back negative on everything. i just now noticed this white bump today pain for a couple days back there

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i hAve a picture of it if u want to see
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.Since how many days have you been experiencing all these symptoms?1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Has you been tested for streptococcal sore throat with Rapid antigen Diagnostic testing or throat swab culture?
3. Are you running any temperature and if so how high?
4. Are you having any swelling over the neck region?
5.. I would be glad to see a picture if you are able to upload it because I was about to ask for it.Please make sure you have taken it with tongue protruded out with widely open mouth and taken without a flash facing the light.Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
19. female
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no fever
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no swelling of neck or lyph nodes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just painful little white sore
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
noticed white thing today pain for a couple days
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
canker sore maybe
Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information and also the image.This is just a small follicle on your right tonsil on the right side.As you are not having any fever or painful swallowing as of now you need not worry about it at all.This could just be a white folicular viral pharyngitis which is at a very initial stage of starting.For the pain I recommend that you take Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day if required.Apart from this salt gargling with warm water will help a lot. I recommend doing this three times a day before food.But if you are developing redness in the throat or painful swallowing along with high grade fever then I suggest going ahead with Rapid antigen Diagnostic testing first streptococcal infection.The second possibility is as you have told a canker sore. But this is not looking like a sore as such or ulcer formation.
You can apply benzalkonium chloride gel on it three times a day before food and this medication is available as over the counter.As the rest of your posterior pharyngeal wall and oral cavity is looking very clean and healthy, I feel that you will be out of this symptom in another 48 to 72 hours by just Ibuprofen and warm salt water gargling." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you very much. it's nothing to worry about right?! my throat hurts but i don't think it is from this. i am just worried about this white thing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i don't know if you see that red thing too back by my tonsils it's been there for months
I have seen the small Red Dot at the 1 o'clock position.
It is a innocuous capillary which you are seeing.
It cannot be the cause for pain.
Throat pain could not be because of this Red Dot.
But the white follicle as I said might be the starting stage of viral or bacterial pharyngitis and this could be the cause for pain.but as I have suggested you can wait for another 48 hours to see how it is progressing with the measures I have suggested and it still it is there please go ahead with my other suggestions.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u so much.! i freak myself out to much. i thought it was cancer ��

You can be 100% rest assured that this is not cancer at all.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much again. That red thing is nothing to worry about too right ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i will continue with gargling and ibuprofen

Happy to help anytime...!!