Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I underwent a complete Thyroidectomy 5 years ago due to

Customer Question
I underwent a complete...

I underwent a complete Thyroidectomy 5 years ago due to having papillary carcinoma (about 175 lymph nodes and 2 parathyroids were removed as well) and since then I have been struggling to keep energy levels up and overall have not felt well. I am now trying to understand what is going on in my body and how I can improve how I feel by improving my daily habits but my doctor's have not contacted me in regards ***** ***** blood tests. My TSH results came back as 0.02. I have read this is a sign of Hyperthyroidism but I am feeling extreme fatigue, weight gain, and foggy brain, all signs of hypothyroidism. I just wanted to know that just means I'm taking too much medication.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Not well. I'm often tired, I've had nausea the past two weeks, can't sleep, I've been feeling a lot of pain in my neck. I've told my doctor all of this but some of the things she didn't give me an answer to

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have gerd, I'm obese, 259 pounds the last time I checked, although my weight has been fluctuating between 250-260.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
6/28/2018
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you are having symptoms of fatigue and not sleeping well. These symptoms can be fatigue from Hyperthyroidism as well as Hypothyroidism. With a TSH of 0.02 you may be taking too much Thyroid medication. What medicine and what is the dose you are taking?