Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Yah, that would be great. I have a history of heartburn, but…

Hi yah, that would...

Hi yah, that would be great

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

I have a history of heartburn, but the last week i've had weird symtons. I have been having chest pain, under left breast pain, a very sore throat and constant belching.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the sore throat?

I usually take antiacids but they arent working.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i haven't seen the docter for my throat. And i no just that

6/28/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thank you, ***** ***** to add that this morning i vomitted.
I am typing some questions give me some time
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age please?
2. Since how long have you had these symptoms?
3. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?
4. are you having any breathlessness or excessive sweating?
5. Is there any pain and tingling sensation in the left hand?
6. Are you feeling any giddiness or reeling sensation?
7. Are you having any Rash over the Shoulders?
8. Are you having any pain during swallowing and or your tonsils enlarged and red?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
9. Does your heartburn symptoms increase with spicy food?
10. is there any family history of gastritis or gastroesophageal Reflux?
11. Are you having any stress now currently?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. I am 24.
2. I have had heartburn for 2 years or more, but the symptoms(sore throat, belching, chest pain) have only appeared in the last week.
3. I am not diabetic or hypertensive.
4. I have experienced breathlessness at night and am woken up from it.
5. I had tingling in my left hand yesturday.
6.Not sure about this qeustion? 7. No rashes on my shoulder.
7.I always have trouble swallowing. To the point where it scares me.
8. about a year ago i saw my docter about some puss and swelling in the back of my throat, but nothing came back about it.
9. My heartburn increases with spicy food yes, it feels like its triggered by everything lately.
10. Are family has a history of heartburn issues. Not sure about full blown gerd.
11. And i am very stressed at the moment.
Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you are in a lot of stress and health related anxiety.Though you are having symptoms of gastritis, body pains and shortness of breath, I am putting forth the possibility of stress and health related anxiety because this can cause all these symptoms.rather than treating is symptom separately I think we need to fit at the heart of the main cause which is stress and anxiety.Sometimes panic reaction also can induce all these symptoms and all the more so when you have admitted that you are right now in a stressful situation.Usually antacids should work but if they are not working that means definitely the stress is taking the toll on you.the only thing which does not fit in is the so throat which could be viral in origin or it could be bacterial if the presentation is acute within the week. Only for sore throat I suggest that you get in touch with your physician to get a rapid antigen Diagnostic testing done. If it is positive then we can go ahead with throat swab culture before starting first line antibiotic like amoxicillin.but if the Rapid antigen testing is negative you need not worry about it being a bacterial infection.I suggest -1. Drink a lot of water and especially take few sips when you are experiencing these symptoms.2. Take deep breaths and self suggest yourself that you are going to be alright and that you do not have any serious ailment.3. Try breathing exercises/ yoga and pranayama under the guidance of a trained professional.4. Keep yourself busy and constantly involved in the work you like most - even some hobby.5. If these suggestions are not working then, after evaluation you might require anxiolytic medications please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But whats causing the pain under my left breast?
Chest pain is a very common symptom during stressful situations.Unless you are having loss of consciousness or giddiness or severe breathlessness even on walking few feet or seizures, I don't think at the age of 24 years you need to worry about left sided chest pain.At the most it could be a myalgia of the thoracic wall cavity which should get relieved with Ibuprofen 400mg.I assure you that I do not see anything serious going on here which is related to heart.I suggest that you keep your cool and please stay occupied otherwise, without any thoughts on the issues which are stressing you right now.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thank you
Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD