Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had herpes for over ten years. Recently I had an

Hello, I have had...

Hello, I have had herpes for over ten years. Recently I had an outbreak near my anal cavity, I suspect from a hard bowel movement as this happens to me every so often. I had assumed the outbreak was over in the regular 5 day time because I was not experiencing any pain during washing or bathroom time, but I had been experiencing intermittent itchiness in my nether regions as I had been eating trail mix with nuts and they can sometimes set off an outbreak. About 4 days after I thought the outbreak was over, I made the mistake of rushing to use a public restroom without a seat cover and when I stood up my left buttocks was wet and I saw a clear fluid on the toilet seat, I don't know if it was water or urine. Am I at risk for STD transmission and should I contact my doctor about this or am I being silly? Normally I would blow it off as bad luck but with the outbreak being so recent and the on and off irritation, I am scared, especially of contracting HIV because I know having herpes make transmission more likely. I have been celibate for almost 7 years so there is no chance of infection from any other sources.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had herpes? Have you used any medication for it?

I only use H-balm for outbreaks as Valtrex did not really help me.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Valtrex for this?

Only H-balm which is an essential oil blend I buy online

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was also diagnosed with HPV about 3 years ago. I asked my doc how it was possible considering my celibacy but she said due to my age and smoking it may have harder for my body to shed it. I have the kind that effects the cervix.

6/28/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should see a surgeon or GI doctor to examine your anus

you may not have herpes there.

it sounds like you are more likely to have an anal fissure which can be painful from constipation and eating nuts.

I would not worry about STD spread

but I would be checked to see if you have anal fissures

you should work on eating more fruits and vegetables in your diet

and cutting out gluten, sugar, white flour and processed foods out of your diet which can help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your quick response. I am always worried that because I have herpes that my exposure risk for other diseases are higher than other healthy people.

it sounds like you could have hemorrhoids or possibly an anal fissure.

work on cutting out gluten, sugar, white flour, sodas, alcohol, preservatives, processed foods out of your diet

eating more fruits and vegetables and lean protein in your diet and drinking more water and sleeping more can help your immune system

yoga and regular exercise can help your immune system and health as well

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
O.k. Thank you

you are welcome

thanks for the positive feedback

thanks for using JustAnswer.com