Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a on my penis and wanted to get some advice as to…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a mark on my penis and wanted to get some advice as to what it could be

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

No medication. it is just look like a blister but is not sore

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about the blister?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you post a picture of the area here? What is your age and have you had any unprotected sexual intercourse in the recent past? Any pain, itching or urinary symptoms?

Also how long has it been present?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im 36 married and have unprotected sex with my wife only. there is no pain but sometimes it becomes itchy. i am uncircumcised

Thanks for the additional information, if you get a phone call request that is an AUTOMATED site response, I DID NOT send it. I will get back to you with a written answer within a few minutes. Thanks for your patience.

The picture is extremely blurry, all i can make out is a white area at the tip of the penis, is that the lesion you mentioned?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have uplaoded a new picture. the mark is bottom right near my foreskin

Havent gotten the new picture as of yet

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you should have it now

Got it thanks.

From what I can make out in the picture, it looks to be a fungal infection more than anything else. The appearance is not consistent with warts or any sexually transmitted disease whatsoever, a fungal infection is common in patients who are uncircumcised in this region of the penis. It can cause itching, occasional pain, redness of the skin and it may spread to affect the rest of the penis if not treated in time. The infection by itself will not cause any long-term harm to your health or to your sexual capability.

It is usually managed with the use of topical OTC clotrimazole cream on the area if necessary a small course of oral antifungals can be used including fluconazole.

Additionally, the tip of the penis seem slightly inflamed in the picture, this could be an indication of balanitis which is what an infection of the tip of the penis is referred to. The white blister could be a consequence of balanitis itself. It can occur because of bacterial, viral or fungal infections and again usually the application of topical medications solves the problem.

But this is NOT a wart, herpes or any other sexually transmitted disease if that is what you were worried about however it can be a fungal infection which is why I think you should get it evaluated at least once and in the meantime do start using OTC clotrimazole cream on the area.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my worry was it was a STD, so thanks for you guidance. i will try and find some OTC clotrimazole cream at the pharmacy and see if it clears up. otherwise i will go see my dr
thanks again

You are welcome, best of luck.