Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed w contusion of left wrist this evening. They…

I was diagnosed w...

I was diagnosed w contusion of left wrist this evening. They took X-rays and the bones are fine. I continue to have severe pain in my hand, arm and especially my fingers. I have my wrist wrapped and have taken Advil or eTylenol every 4 hours but the pain is awful in my two fingers.

Doctor's Assistant: When did you start using Advil? How severe were any side effects?

I took 2 Advil at 2pm, 3 at 7:40pm, 2 Tyron ,

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

I took 2 Advil at 2pm 3 Advil at 7:40pm 2 Tylenol at 100:39 and 3 Advil at 1:14 am yes I saw a dr for psin.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

NO I’m in good health except for low B 12 and I’ve had a kidney stones

6/28/2018
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No don’t call not for $50.00
Thanks for your question.
There are a couple of things which you can consider in addition to medication.
You should apply ice compresses to the painful areas for 5 to 10 minutes at a time every 2 hours.
You need to put your hand, wrist and forearm in a sling and keep them elevated.
Regarding medication you can take a maximum dose of 2400 milligrams of Ibuprofen in divided doses . For example you can take 600mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours.
In addition you can take tylenol one gram every 6 hours for a maximum dose of 4 grams in a day.
You may also consider using a biofreeze spray.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
I would not be calling you and you can ignore the phone call request.
That is an automated message from the website and not sent by me.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started