Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well I fell down on my buttocks about 3 months ago.At the…

Well I fell down...

Well I fell down on my buttocks about 3 months ago.At the beach I lost my perception on how far down I was going to sit. And I suffer from severe pain should I seek medical attention? My symptoms are nauseous, throbbing pain mostly on left side, heat; its been hard for me to sleep through the night. Its really uncomfortable to roll over. I avoid my left side

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?

Ever since the fall about 3 months, now. I sometimes take Naproxin 3 tabs, but it doesn't seem to work all that well.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

No, should I?

6/27/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What are your age and gender?

Were any medical imaging like x-rays or MRI done?

What are the treatments you have tried?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
48 Female. Have not seen a doctor. ice; heat; Naproxen area is sensitive to touch.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've even taken laxatives hoping it would relieve the pressure. Helped a little but now the pain has increased

Ideally, an MRI and x-rays should be done for your lingering symptoms.

This will tell, what are the tissues involved:

1) Muscles

2) Joint

3) Ligament

4) Tendon

5) Bursa

6) cartilage

7) Or any combination.

Falls can involve multiple soft tissues with the involvement of joint/bones.

The mainstay of the treatment though is not very different and is;

a) Physical therapy

b) Deep electrotherapy

c) Acupuncture

d) Local analgesic cream

e) Pool therapy/hydrotherapy.

f) Analgesics

g) Lidocaine cream

i) Capsaicin cream.

You may consult;

1) Orthopedics

2) MD in physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For the nausea I take Ondansetron ODT 4 MG tab
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you for taking the time to help me this evening

You can continue taking it for nausea.

Nausea can be due to Naproxen, which you have been taking for pain. You can try Prilosec and Pepto Bismol for its side effects (like nausea).

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was trying to prevent seeing a doctor. To expensive. Even with insurance. I'm allergic to Pepto Bismol can't take. But I will try Prilosec.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think I may have fractured my tail bone?
At 1st that s what I thought, then reading articles on line stated that if indeed its fractured it will take time to heal. months

You may take Maalox instead of Pepto Bismol.

Physical therapy is the mainstay of the treatment.

You may try some hip and back exercises.

This is a slideshow for the exercises (you can pick up your own set, which suits you);

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/back-pain/LB00001_D

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this true? And would you recommend me to continue icing the site

Tailbone fracture or injury is most painful while sitting.

Turning is not painful in tailbone injury.

Ice compresses or heat is personal preference (whatever is soothing for you).

Ice compresses are usually recommended for the first week of the injury.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Do you have any recommendations for the throbbing pain and heat in the area?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Maybe, I should be patient and wait it out. Before seeking medical attention?

Heat, local analgesic cream, mild massage, would be good. You may try swimming and walking in the pool. If these activities are not painful, these will facilitate healing.

You may wait.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you helpful. Have a good evening

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.