Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a hetero male that had unprotected hetero anal sex last…

I'm a hetero male...

I'm a hetero male that had unprotected hetero anal sex last night. Kind of. I was flacid semi-erect near the whole time and there was about 25 minutes of "fumbling and pushing around" i kust barely entered a couple times may be less than a dozen feeble thrusts. Sorry so long.I am freaking out. What is my risk level? I've known her for a couple years and she is not a drug user nor am I she seems to be the opposite of promiscuous.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes. Good health. Cholestoral a little high.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2018
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I thought this was HIV related website. I was asking about my risk level for contracting HIV

Well the risk to you even with your partner being HIV positive , through unprotected vaginal intercourse is 1 in 2500. So if she is negative or ypu think she should be ,then the risk of contracting HIV from such type of exposure is zero . Inserting is enough for HIV to spread so thats not significant

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are the risks the same for anal sex. It was not vaginal. Is a PEP series overreacting?

Anal sex has greater risk . The insertive partner is at risk for getting HIV during anal sex. HIV may enter the top partner’s body through the opening at the tip of the penis (or urethra) or through small cuts, scratches, or open sores on the penis..

So the risk is higher but in case she is negative then no risk . I wouldnt recommend PEP if you are sure about her status

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor