Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Risk of possible exposure from giving oral sex to a hiv+

Risk of possible exposure...

Risk of possible exposure from giving oral sex to a hiv+ man

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Excellent health

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None. no medical diagnoses and no prescriptions taken. I also do not have any STD's

6/25/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

There is little or no risk of contracting or transmitting HIV through oral sex.
For HIV-negative people, the chances of getting HIV from having oral sex with an HIV-positive person are extremely low.

Although the risk of HIV transmission through oral sex is low, several factors can increase that risk, including oral contact with menstrual blood, the presence of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and bleeding gums or sores on the mouth, vagina, or penis.

For this type of infection to occur there must be a contact with blood that comes out of the person and also the person who performs oral sex has important oral lesions that are also bleeding, so it is very difficult to occur.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. If the oral sex was 2 days ago would pep be recommended. There was no open sores or bleeding in my mouth. Also, there may have been a bit of semen that was in my mouth but most was not and the bit that was in mouth was spit out. How likely is hiv transmission to me?

is almost nil, as I reiterate, it is necessary that you have evident bleeding, since the mouths due to their amount of enzymes generate a hostile environment for the HIV virus. Therefore, you should have seen bleeding and also have an injury that was also very injured or bleeding,
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. and last question. what if it was deep throat, and a possibility of pre-cum or some semen getting inside of throat? you have been so helpful Dr. Villegas

You don't have to worry either, because the gastric acids will eliminate the virus.

You have nothing to worry about. But take care next time and don't expose yourself to people you don't know.

you're welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for wonderful, expert advice :)

;)