Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Went to the beach in low tide and now I had sea ;lice in my…

Went to the beach...

Went to the beach in low tide and now I had sea ;lice in my vagina. I need a cure for the itch asap? I`m using ...day vaginal cream it has Clotrimazola antifungal cream is this okay?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you dealt with the itchiness? Have you experienced this in the past?

On and off for about a week. the cream calms the itch down then starts up again

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

No irregular results, check up was normal, this past month was my check up everything was normal. Went swimming in beach at low tide and now have a terrible itch in my vagina.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No am 68 years old Should I continue w/this antifungal cream or call my obgyn?

Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... I understand your concern.
You can continue using clotrimazole cream twice a day for a total of 7 to 10 days and for the severe itching you can take syrup Benadryl 10 ml 3 times a day.But as you have been using this cream and the it is returning only after temporary results I suggest you getting yourself evaluated by your gynecologist.
They might take a vaginal swab for microscopy and most probably might start you on Oral antifungal and oral antiprotozoal drugs also.
Mean by for the temporary relief of the itching you can use Benadryl as I had suggested but you will require your gynecologist consultation please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Your reply is not showing here. Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you please.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will call my obgyn for a visit. Thanking you , rosemarie rinaldi

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you have been very helpful , im going to make a call to my obgyn
Happy to help anytime...!
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD