Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Lately I’ve been waking up randomly with really bad anxiety,

Hi there, lately I’ve...

Hi there, lately I’ve been waking up randomly with really bad anxiety, sick to my stomach feeling, heart racing, some indigestion, and sweats.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had indigestion? Have you used any medication for it?

I’m 5 months post partum, I had it a lot pregnant but not much since giving birth but a bit recently.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about indigestion?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve suffered from anxiety prior to pregnancy for about a year but was fine during and even after it’s kinda of reappeared lately.

6/23/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

You may get the following investigations done for your symptoms:

Complete blood count (CBC)

Liver function tests

Thyroid function tests

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)

Serum electrolyte level measurement

Immunoglobulin M (IgM)/immunoglobulin G (IgG) coxsackievirus B titer

IgM/IgG human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) titer

IgM/IgG C pneumoniae titer

Autoimmune panel

Anemia panel.

These will likely reveal the issue.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve recently had thyroid and iron levels checked and they were normal. All the things happening make me think I’m gonna have a heart attack or something cause of course I’ve looked up the symptoms I’ve had I have a lot Of them but I’m young and have had good health is it just my anxiety taking over?

Anxiety can any and all symptoms.

These symptoms are highly unlikely to be due to heart disease in young females.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve been so busy lately as I’m out of town teaching and Havnt been eating much. Could lack of food and sleep also contribute to these symptoms?

Yes, lack of sleep and food would definitely contribute to the symptoms.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

Anxiety can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's Wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are most welcome.