Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I used this hotel and it had some little blood and my face…

I used this hotel and...
I used this hotel and it had some little blood and my face had a wound after the saloon at home. Do you transmit viruses to my wounded face?
6/23/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I have received this question, I am typing now, I will follow up asap.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Welcome dr

Please see, you are fully safe in this regard

There is absolutely no risk of having contracted hiv or hep c etc during these types of incidents

And as I had mentioned to you previously I never include hep b during our discussions because you are already having robust immunity against hep b virus

But there is no risk of having contracted hiv or hep c etc too during the above mentioned incident

The most important reason is these viruses do not survive on environmental surfaces for long

In fact these viruses die very rapidly once they come out of human body

So even if there was some blood and the blood came into contact with a wound on your body but you are still safe because even if there was some virus in the blood but it must have been dead before even it came in to contact with your wound

Once again I can very confidently reassure you, there is certainly no risk of having contracted hiv or hep c etc during the above mentioned incident, viruses such as hiv or hep are very fragile and do not remain alive on environmental surfaces rather they die very soon after they come out of the human body so even if you had a wound and the wound had come in contact with some blood from another person but still you are fully safe and there is no possibility of you getting hiv or hep c etc transferred in to your body through any wounds on your body, so please not to be scared.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very so much . I was in the bathroom for 7 hours after use I do not know and were not clean by the hotel

You are very welcome! Even then there is absolutely no risk of you having contracted hiv or hep c so you are fully safe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much dr

You are very welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does this wound represent a needle wound? I do not know he got it now and I am in the taxi while going to the airport. If a wound through the needle is contaminated, it would presumably cause the transmission of a virus

No, this appears just a some kind of superficial scratch on the skin and this does not appear needle induced, so absolutely nothing to worry about hiv or hep c etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How to learn if the needle is not this wound

Because there is no wound here, it is just a superficial scratch only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very so much

You are very welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is a wound but it was washed with a scratch

Even if there was a bigger wound it is so superficial and this type of superficial wound cannot make you catch hiv or hep c etc, and also these viruses do not survive on the environmental surfaces so you are fully safe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Send new question

I have posted my answer under the new question already.