Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

One more question I got food poison about 2 years ago from…

One more question I got...
One more question I got food poison about 2 years ago from some steak that I had in a restaurant at a Latin America restaurant in another country ,from that point on I spend 4 days in a hospital and I notice that the doctor wanted to keep me there as long as she could because it seems the longer I stayed the more money she could make ... Anyway , I was released after 4 days and from then I notice that if I don't eat on time I get extremely weak and sometimes I get up in the morning particularly after having sex I tend to always feel bad , I did full blood work and they came out normal and the doctors examined my throat and all seems normal only issue is that I had and inflammation in my throat and that was pretty much it ... But every now and again I throw up ... Any clue as to what is the matter
6/23/2018
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD

Hello, my name is***** and I would like to assist with your health concern?
May I ask your age/ gender?
I know you have mentioned that your blood tests came back normal- but have you had any stool testing? How about any gastrointestinal work up such as an xray called an upper GI series, or an endoscopy?

Have you taken any medications at all for your symptoms?

I will wait for your response.

You can disregard any phone call requests as this automatically generated by the website. Thanks so much.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi I am a 29 year old male and over a period of time I have taken allot of medication for this issue , I was doing fine for a couple of days until I had sex last yesterday morning and had to vomit but what came up was only cold ... And then I went to the mall for a meeting I had some Coffey and a small sand which and came back home not feeling well and I vomit again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Allot of gastroenteritis related medication
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have taken
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I did have some stool testing and it show some form of mild infection a long while ago and I got medication for it , it was nothing serious , the doctors did tell me that I had gastroenteritis issues but I am not sure why the medication that they provided did not resolve this issue given that I followed there instructions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can recall two instances where I am at the barber shop cutting my hair and I had to ask the barber to stop because I felt extremely upset in my stomach and had to go to the bathroom the fist instance i vomited and felt better the second one I had to close my eyes , and try to relax to cut my hair and leave
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not done any X-ray before or endoscopy
Thanks for all the detailed information. You should talk to your doctor about testing for H pylori. It is a bacteria that can proliferate in the gut and cause gastritis/ inflammation and stomach upset. It is tested via a stool test or through a biopsy of the stomach during an endoscopy. Obviously, the stool test is less invasive so I would go with that first. Below is a link to more information about H pylori
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/h-pylori/symptoms-causes/syc-20356171
If this is negative, I would still pursue further testing such as an upper endoscopy since you have had symptoms for a long time and the symptoms have not abated despite taking different medications.
In the meantime and while waiting for all this testing to be done, I recommend the following over the counter medication regimen to help with your stomach symptoms
Prilosec 20mg in the morning before breakfast combined with Zantac 150mg at bedtime. Do this for at least a couple of weeks to see if symptoms improve.
Avoid alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods if you can.
Avoid skipping meals. And if possible, eat small frequent meals instead of 3 big ones.
Avoid medications such as Motrin or Aleve as they tend to irritate the stomach. Tylenol is fine to take if you have a headache or something.
I am available for any follow up questions that you may have so please feel free to ask.
If you were satisfied with my response, please consider giving me a 5 star rating as we work for stars. Thank you so much and I wish you well.
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have some bumps on my mouth that the doctor said are Fordyce spots snd that they will go away naturally , I am not sure if those can contribute to any of the above symptoms , sorry I did not mention that earlier
No, these skin lesions are not related to your gastrointestinal symptoms. So no worries.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks allot
You’re very welcome and I wish you all the best. Please take care!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Welcome!