Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Mu husband is 88 years old and in pretty good health. He has…

Mu husband is 88...

Mu husband is 88 years old and in pretty good health. He has a problem with his throat. It is always sore and sounds like he has laryangitis all the time.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has the husband had the soreness? Has he used any medication for it?

He has had it for a few months. His dr. said not to worry about it but it is sore and sometimes he can hardly talk.

Doctor's Assistant: Has he seen a doctor about the soreness?

Yes and his doctor said it was nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is in good health otherwise. No diabites, no heart problems or anything like that.

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2018
Connie Pennington

Hello, this is Dr. Pennington.

Did you husband ever smoke or drink alcohol?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not for many, many years

Ok, well I am concerned.

I feel he should see an ENT (ear nose throat) physician.

He should have bronchoscopy to look into his airways and if there is an abnormality, like inflammation, a biopsy would help make the diagnosis. Also, to rule out other things.

You are right to be concerned when something does not resolve in a timely fashion.

It may be nothing, or a simple polyp, but someone needs to look.

Connie Pennington