Medical

Connect one-on-one with a verified doctor who will answer your question

Dr. Jon
Dr. Jon
Dr. Jon, Board Certified MD

More related answers
All doctors are VERIFIED
My friend had pneumonia and has been in icu for 3 weeks. She
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
My friend had pneumonia and has been in icu for 3 weeks. She now has ARDS!! She has COPD and Asthma. She has been on the vent for 3 weeks. They tried doing dialysis but said because she is Septic it k… read more
My friend has been in ICU for the past 7 months since a
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Internal Medicine Physician
My friend has been in ICU for the past 7 months since a quadruple bypass surgery. She is in her 70s, obese, diabetic. She was recently weaned from the ventilator (four days without), suffered a mild h… read more
My wife is 30y/o been admitted at ICU for fungal infection
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Staff physician
My wife is 30y/o been admitted at ICU for fungal infection from a PICC line. While at the ICU she contracted pneumonia and now she's on respirator. The team of doctors that are treating her does not k… read more
A friend had a pneumonia shot on the 11th of this month...he
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
A friend had a pneumonia shot on the 11th of this month...he says it has hurt ever since, but today is sore to the touch...is there a side effect that would cause this? Or what should we do?… read more
My friend has chronic reflux, and dysmotility of the
Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Radiologist
my friend has chronic reflux, and dysmotility of the esophagus, she has chronic aspiration pneumonia. she had been on oral antibiotics for 4 months this last time . She just got out of the hospital ye… read more
My wife has severe pneumonia and fluids in her lung after
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctoral Degree
My wife has severe pneumonia and fluids in her lung after surgery for a blocked colon. She is in ICU. The antibiotics are not working well and she is on a ventilator, for 10 days now What other proced… read more
My mother has oseomylitis, diabetic, has been in ICU for
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Consultant Dermatologist
My mother has oseomylitis, diabetic, has been in ICU for over 9 days, went in with pneumonia, is being treated with iv antibiotics, blood thinners, etc. She was recently intabated, sedated and due to … read more
I have a friend who is in icu in tucson arizona. For more
Dr. David, Radiation Oncology Attending Director
I have a friend who is in icu in tucson arizona. For more than a decade she has been taking amphetemines, morphine sulfate and anti depressants. She had a seizure and is intubated. It is now the 8th d… read more
A friend of ours has been in ICU for almost a week now...
Dr. B.
Dr. B., doctor
A friend of ours has been in ICU for almost a week now... She and her husband thought the symptoms were the flu for a few days... went to doctor.. not the flu... continued to treat symptoms of aching,… read more
I have a friend who has numerous cysts on kidneys. one burst
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Physician
i have a friend who has numerous cysts on kidneys. one burst yesterday, causing severe pain. is in icu now getting dialisis. also, about a year ago, developed blod clots-one is still located in lung. … read more
My daughter was hospitalized in ICU last week diagnosis
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
My daughter was hospitalized in ICU last week diagnosis bacterial pneumonia. She started allergies when she moved into her apartment end of August (She never had allergies.) It all progressed. Anyway … read more
My wife has been complaining of abdominal pain since
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
My wife has been complaining of abdominal pain since yesterday. Now she is clammy and sweating but says she has chills. Nausia had lead to a small amount of vomiting. No fever -- actually 96.something… read more
My mother is 86. She has pneumonia in one lung...and the
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
My mother is 86. She has pneumonia in one lung...and the fluid is in the bottom of her left lung. She has been in hospital since last Sunday night....on antibiotics, etc. today, Tuesday, her temp is n… read more
My sister is 60 and has has lupus for 30 years. A month ago
DR MED MD
DR MED MD, CONSULTANT
My sister is 60 and has has lupus for 30 years. A month ago she got pneumonia and went into ICU for the third time on January 11th. They had her in a Roto Prone bed for two days and took her out last … read more
Is taking cough medicine with codeine dangerous when one has
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, FCPS (R) General Surgery
Is taking cough medicine with codeine dangerous when one has pneumonia? My adult daughter has pneumonia she is coughing & is afraid to take the cough medicine the doctor gave her. I called the ER & th… read more
My daughter was seen in the children's ER Tuesday night. She
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Physician
My daughter was seen in the children's ER Tuesday night. She has pneumonia. Has been on Zithromax since Tuesday night. No fever Weds,Thurs, or most of today. She went to her pediatrician today for a f… read more
My mother in law was just taken into the ICU because she is
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, FCPS (R) General Surgery
my mother in law was just taken into the ICU because she is seemingly not recovering from bi-lateral pneumonia. They said they want to put a breathing tube in. Is it a temporary procedure? Can a perso… read more
My daughter-in-law is in ICU they say she has (streptoccus
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
My daughter-in-law is in ICU they say she has (streptoccus viridans)could you tell me where it starts, what is the cause, is it fatal, thank you… read more